Skills: Python, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
About the role
- We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our early, growing team. It is a great opportunity to join a company that can have a material impact on fighting climate change.
- As a data team, we strive to design and build data systems that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable. Some of the traits that we promote within the team are ownership, curiosity, transparency, and a strong writing culture. As an early team member, you will be expected to help shape our product direction and to strengthen the team’s culture.
- You will collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, designers, data engineers, and sustainability experts to ship products that create value and solve problems for our customers.
What you will work on
- Continuously improve our carbon engine, which is responsible for calculating carbon emissions across all scopes for our customers, using transactional data provided by them, and our proprietary data set of carbon emission factors.
- Lead our efforts to build a system that leverages our various data sets to automatically find decarbonization solutions for our customers.
- Collaborate with carbon data analysts, data engineers and sustainability experts to expand and maintain our data set of carbon emission factors.
- You have 7+ years of experience in data science roles, preferably using Python as the main programming language.
- You have built NLP systems that power products that delight customers.
- You are able to own the entire lifecycle of a data science project. You don’t need to be an expert on every aspect of it, but you must be a quick learner to pick things up and go deep when needed.
- You have a strong product mindset, and enjoy working cross-functionally.
- You use solid engineering practices, and write maintainable code.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy mentoring others, and introduce and promote best practices across the team.
Bonus points if
- You have experience with data-intensive applications.
- You have worked with MongoDB (or other non-relational databases), Airflow and/or Apache Spark.
- You have worked with MLOps tools, such as Metaflow or MLflow
- You’ve worked on recommender or forecasting systems.
- You have a Master or PhD degree in Applied Computing, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning or a related field.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.