Software Engineer (All genders)
Published on Thu, 25 May 2023 08:27 UTC
(5 days ago)
Entain is one of the world’s largest sports betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. With offices across five continents and licences in more than 25 countries, we operate some of the most well-known and iconic brands in the industry with more than 250 years of combined history – names such as bwin, Coral, Foxy, Gala, Ladbrokes, and partypoker.
We are looking for a Software Engineer's who are enthusiastic, ambitious and ready to take on new challenges! Does this sound like you?
You'll be involved in building the next generation of betting products whilst working with powerful technologies in an Agile, international environment. You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts and other developers of the company. As a member of a Scrum team, you will develop backend/server-side applications (ASP.NET WebApi/WCF, C#) and clients (asp.net MVC, Angular) for our trading systems.
We are looking for someone to come onboard and help us in an important project where you will be involved in building a completely new and innovative platform that will transform the real money sports betting experience!
What you'll be doing:
- Apply state of the art software design to ensure high availability, scalability, maintainability and performance of high-traffic web applications
- Work on high-frequency, low latency backend systems
- Work with TDD and BDD approaches
What we need from you:
- Solid technical education (computer science, software engineering)
- Strong knowledge of OOP, web technologies and good understanding of security principles
- At least 3 years of experience with:
- C#, .NET 4.0 or higher, .NET Core
- ASP.NET/ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web API
- LINQ, Reflection, ADO.NET
- MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, IIS
- Extensive knowledge of ReactJS, JSX, Babel, data structures, and algorithms
- Thorough understanding of concurrency and multithreading, ability to write scalable, reliable, testable and reusable code
- Solid understanding of design patterns and .NET Class Library
- Experience with Git, NuGet, NCover/dotCover, nUnit
- Ideally experience with Tibco, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Elastic Search
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid working – We offer 2 days a week working from home
- Culture – We were once a startup and still have that growth mindset (despite our size). Our industry is renowned for the speed it operates at, and the incredible pace of innovation. Our values include winning together, being bold, exciting customers and driving innovation.
- Development – Both personal and professional development are important to us. Everyone gets 2 paid days to focus on development, along with subscriptions to learning resources like cross knowledge, linkedin learning and our own learning room. Monthly Empower talks from inspirational leaders from outside the industry.
- Wellbeing – Our employee assistance program offers free advice on everything from work advice, relationship advice, legal information, and financial advice. Everyone gets a free subscription to the unmind (mental wellbeing) app. Counselling session are available through EAP. We have a monthly schedule of wellbeing sessions and talks with each office having wellbeing champions and coordinators.
- Flexible benefits package - Annual bonus, employee share scheme, health screening, life assurance, matching pension contributions, lunch vouchers, enhanced vacation package, retail discounts, discounted gym membership, with the ability to flex your benefits package to suit your needs
- Offices - Newly refurbished offices, with chillout spaces and modern facilities
- Social* - Fantastic programme of free social activities, from our summer parties and Friday night drinks, we've got you covered.
- Sports* - We're as passionate about sports as you are, if you can name a sport, we've probably got a company team.
## What the process looks like:
- Apply and your CV will be reviewed by one of our Talent Acquisition Partners
- Phone screening call with our Talent Acquisition Partner
- 1st interview with the team manager
- Short task to complete and present/discuss back at 2nd interview with team manager and other stakeholders
- Offer and Celebrations!
We are currently looking for more than one person to join the team 👋
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on