Full Stack .NET Developer
Published on Sat, 20 May 2023 07:43 UTC
(10 days ago)
Who are you?
We are on the lookout for Mid-Level. Fullstack .NET C# Developers to join our expanding Assessments Pod. You will be a core member of the team delivering new functionality for our products and continuously improving our tech stack. You will be involved in all aspects from designing technical approaches to problems, delivering our tech strategy and standards for our product teams whilst, designing the new fundamentals that enable our product pods to deliver on their roadmaps.
If you have a desire to learn and wish to accelerate your career, we can give you exposure to every facet of enterprise SaaS software and as much responsibility as you are ready to handle!
OK, that’s me, but who are DrDoctor?
DrDoctor is a HealthTech company on an exciting growth trajectory. Our technology focuses on engaging patients across their healthcare journey while saving hospitals time, effort, and money.
Our Mission is that healthcare needs a reset. More people need care every day and health services struggle. Current patient engagement is a mess of disparate systems that hinder, rather than help care delivery.
Our Vision is a remote-first healthcare system, which can meet demand without sacrificing care quality. We want patients to be engaged in their care, shifting to a digital first model.
We do this at scale:
- 19 million+ patients use DrDoctor
- We manage over 83 million appointments
- We work with over 47 NHS Trusts and Health Boards (and still growing!)
We love the NHS and want to help it work better. We radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and taxpayers.
Tell me more! Who will I be working with?
In this role you really will interact with every part of the business, even as we grow. But meet Natalia...
Hi, I am Natalia and I have been at DrDoctor as a Fullstack Developer for over 1.5 years. It has been a fantastic learning experience for me, and it is great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, and the company has a good working culture.
The problems that I solve every day are genuinely interesting and make a real impact on people’s lives and the NHS. We use modern technologies and look after the health of our code base. What is really cool, is that we are not limited to work only on one project, it is pretty much your choice and there are opportunities to try working on different products.
There are also lots of learning opportunities, training budget, personal development time and team co-working time if you want to learn interesting new tech and bring it back to your pod (that is how we call our teams).
DrDoctor not only supports our career but creates a supportive, inclusive environment and makes a great effort to ensure we look after our mental health and wellbeing and have healthy work-life balance. There are initiatives such as duvet days and OpenUp consultations available, and the amazing People Team looking after everyone!
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
We’d like you to have experience in
- .NET C# development
- Front-end development
- Automated testing and CI/CD practises
- Working knowledge of SQL (we don’t need you to be a DBA)
Bonus points for:
- API design
- Azure cloud platform experience (for example app services, azure functions, azure service bus, event hubs)
- Domain Driven Design
- Infrastructure as code (for example Terraform/ARM/Bicep/Ansible)
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks (for example VueJs/React/Angular)
- GitHub profile, blog posts, contributing to opensource projects
We know from research and experience that candidates may not apply if they don’t think they meet 100% of our requirements. If you don’t tick all the boxes but feel you would be a good fit, we would still love to hear from you. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture!
Just to let you know too, we will need you to have the Right To Work in the UK, and as we work closely with the NHS, if we get to the stage where we make you an offer to join us, we will also need to undertake a DBS check.
Our career pathways & job titles at DrDoctor may look a little different to your previous companies. The pathway for this role looks like this:
- Full Stack Engineer I
- Full Stack Engineer II <- this is the role we are currently recruiting for
- Full Stack Engineer III
- Senior Full Stack Engineer IV
- Senior Full Stack Engineer V
- Lead Full Stack Engineer
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CVs to go through. However, we don’t wait for roles to close before going through your CV. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send an individual reply if it’s not a match. However, if you want more details as to why, just drop us a note and we will arrange to get some feedback over to you.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick 30 minute call. It’s just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue, then we will invite you in to meet the team and founders. Some our roles will also be subject to completing an assessment.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team? Ok, you want more?
- Remote by default approach - Everyone at DrDoctor will work remotely most of the time with regular opportunities to socialise and engage at office spaces available in London and Manchester.
- Flexible working (we understand we all have family and personal commitments; you can work where you are at your best and at times when you are most productive)
- Part time working considered - let us know what you need and we’ll do our best to find the right balance for both parties
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (with our own extra DrDoctor Bank Holidays thrown in for good measure!)
- 4 duvet days per year for those days that you just don’t fancy working
- Personal development time every other Friday, or for a whole day per month, differing based on which team you’re in
- Team sports and other fitness classes adhoc
- Mental health support through our partner OpenUp and our own in-house Mental Health First Aiders
- Drinks/other fun things sent to you in the post
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced parental leave (up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for anyone who brings a child into their home – whether this is via birth, adoption or surrogacy)
- Salary competitive and dependant on experience, our bracket for this role is: £50,000 - £60,000k
- A focus on your career progression based on our progression framework, regular 6 months' pay reviews and mentoring opportunities
- EMI share options scheme!
As DrDoctor has grown, we are seeing more of our people wanting to socialise in different ways.
Whilst we know that some of us love to go to the pub, we want to make sure we are including a wide variety of activities and events for our teams to enjoy each other's company, we aim to continue creating an open space for anyone and everyone to suggest how they’d like to spend time with their teams.
When we're able to, we also do summer and Christmas parties and regular company/team socials and away days. So far in 2022, we have enjoyed picnics at a nearby farm, a water colouring session, board games evening and Crystal Maze! We have also held various events for celebrations such as Eid ul-Fitr, Holi Festival, International Women’s Day and our 10 year anniversary!
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on