Who are you?
We are on the lookout for a Senior .NET C# Developer to join our expanding team. You will be a core member of the team delivering new functionality for our products, continuously improving our tech stack, and mentoring more junior members of the team. You will be involved in all aspects from designing technical approaches to problems, shifting our RabbitMQ-based system to Azure Service Bus to testing out the latest release of .NET Core.
OK, that’s me, but who are DrDoctor?
DrDoctor is a HealthTech company on an exciting growth trajectory. Our technology focuses on engaging patients across their healthcare journey while saving hospitals time, effort, and money.
Our Mission is that healthcare needs a reset. More people need care every day and health services struggle. Current patient engagement is a mess of disparate systems that hinder, rather than help care delivery.
Our Vision is a remote-first healthcare system, which can meet demand without sacrificing care quality. We want patients to be engaged in their care, shifting to a digital first model.
We do this at scale:
- 19 million+ patients use DrDoctor
- We manage over 83 million appointments
- We work with over 47 NHS Trusts and Health Boards (and still growing!)
We love the NHS and want to help it work better. We radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and taxpayers.
Our tech stack is primarily Microsoft based using C#, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server and RabbitMQ – with everything running in Microsoft Azure. We use a sprinkling of interesting open-source libraries across our various products.
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
We’d like you to have experience in
- .NET C# development
- Back-end development
- Automated testing and CI/CD practises
- Working knowledge of SQL (we don’t need you to be a DBA)
- Cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
Bonus points for:
- Distributed systems
- API design
- Azure cloud platform experience (for example app services, azure functions, azure service bus, event hubs)
- Domain Driven Design
- Infrastructure as code (for example Terraform/ARM/Bicep/Ansible)
- GitHub profile, blog posts, contributing to opensource projects
Our career pathways & job titles at DrDoctor may look a little different to your previous companies. The pathway for this role looks like this:
- Back End Engineer I
- Back End Engineer II
- Back End Engineer III
- Senior Back End Engineer IV <- this is the role we are currently recruiting for (levelling based on skills and experience)
- Senior Back End Engineer V <- this is the role we are currently recruiting for (levelling based on skills and experience)
- Lead Back End Engineer
We know from research and experience that candidates may not apply if they don’t think they meet 100% of our requirements. If you don’t tick all the boxes but feel you would be a good fit, we would still love to hear from you. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture!
Just to let you know too, we will need you to have the Right To Work in the UK, and as we work closely with the NHS, if we get to the stage where we make you an offer to join us, we will also need to undertake a DBS check.
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CVs to go through. However, we don’t wait for roles to close before going through your CV. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send a personalised reply if it’s not a match. However, if you want more details as to why, just drop us a note and we will arrange to get some feedback over to you.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick 30 minute call. It’s just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue, then we will invite you to meet some of the team, most likely virtually. Some our roles will also be subject to completing an assessment or a role related exercise.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
Tell me more! Who will I be working with?
In this role you really will interact with every part of the business, even as we grow. But meet Ken...
Hi, I'm Ken, and I've been at DrDoctor for 5 years. I joined when there were just 5 people. It’s been an amazing experience so far. Everyone is super friendly, helpful and open, right from the top down.
The work is great; it is something that has a real impact on people's lives and the NHS. And you are not pigeon-holed into one area; I find myself involved in anything from how we self-organise, how our systems are architected to how we implement our products and influencing design and usability.
Everyone is passionate about what they do, and as long as you have a get up and go attitude and are self-motivated, you can get involved in pretty much everything.
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team and mission? Oh, you want more?
- Remote by default approach (within the UK with short term work from abroad considered) - Everyone at DrDoctor will work remotely most of the time with regular opportunities to socialise and engage at office spaces available in and outside of London
- Flexible working (we understand we all have family and personal commitments; you can work where you are at your best and at times when you are most productive)
- Part time working considered - let us know what you need and we’ll do our best to find the right balance for both parties
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (with our own extra DrDoctor Bank Holidays thrown in for good measure!)
- 4 duvet days per year for those days that you just don’t fancy working
- A focus on Learning and Development, with a day aside once a month for the whole business to focus on it, plus access to unlimited courses through LinkedIn Learning and additional budget to spend on things to help you develop
- Mental health support through our partner OpenUp and our own in-house Mental Health First Aiders
- Drinks/other fun things sent to you in the post
- Cycle to work scheme
- A new office space in Southwark including a Multipurpose quiet room which can be used for activities such as Prayer, Meditation, or caring for your baby
- Enhanced parental leave (up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for anyone who brings a child into their home – whether this is via birth, adoption or surrogacy)
- Salary competitive and dependant on experience, we benchmark our salaries to accurately reflect the market at least once a year, and we benchmark all of our roles (regardless of where in the UK you live) based on London salaries.
- A focus on your career progression based on our progression framework, regular 6 months' pay reviews and mentoring opportunities
- EMI share options scheme!
As DrDoctor has grown, we are seeing more of our people wanting to socialise in different ways.
Whilst we know that some of us love to go to the pub, we want to make sure we are including a wide variety of activities and events for our teams to enjoy each other's company, we aim to continue creating an open space for anyone and everyone to suggest how they’d like to spend time with their teams.
We love a Summer and Christmas party and regular company/team socials and away days. In the past year or so, we have enjoyed picnics at a nearby farm, a water colouring session, board games evening and Crystal Maze! So far in 2023 we have held various events for celebrations such as Holi Festival, International Women’s Day, Pancake Day and last year we celebrated our 10 year anniversary!
Salary banding for this role is: £67k - £82k
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.