Senior Software Engineer
Published on Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:05 UTC
(34 days ago)
About the role
We're looking for smart, motivated generalists who can contribute across our stack and who like to ship things quickly. We have some complex backend infrastructure, a web app, and mobile apps. We have a lot to build in every part of our stack.
- Write and ship new application features on all our platforms
- Design and build the APIs and backend infrastructure behind our apps
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers, designers, and growth folks -- we're a highly collaborative team
- Ship quickly — we deploy multiple times per day and value rapid iteration with users
- Wear whatever hats needed to make the business succeed — we're a small team
We're looking for a smart, experienced software engineer with strong CS fundamentals who can contribute across our stack, and who loves to write and ship things quickly.
- Experience building complex applications for the web or mobile, including both frontend and backend development.
- Demonstrated ability to design new data structures, algorithms, and protocols
- A high attention to detail - email is so heavily used that the quality & polish of our apps is critical to our business
- Good technical communications skills, both verbal and written
- A willingness to work hard as part of a team and learn new things quickly
- An owner mentality - there's a lot to do, and we need folks who are excited to take the lead on projects
- Experience with Typescript, React & React Native
- Experience building high-scale, high performance distributed systems.
- Experience with ML -- both building your own models and using off-the-shelf APIs and tools.
- Experience with JVM languages, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes
What we offer
We're looking to hire the best and brightest, so we strive to provide the best work environment—tailored to you.
- Highly competitive compensation, including generous equity grants. We want the best and will pay for it.
- Medical and dental benefits
- Free lunch
- Commuter benefit
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- Flexible work environment — you can work from home or travel while working
- Regular (every ~2.5 months) offsites where we get the whole team together, often in fun locations like Hawaii 🏝
- A mission-focused team with fun coworkers (ok, we're biased... but we really are nice people!)
We're looking for team members who have passion, grit, and integrity. Even if your experience doesn't precisely match the criteria above, please consider applying!
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on