Personalization Team at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Personalization team is composed of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and front-end engineers. We thrive to provide our users with personalized relevant information throughout their experience on Crunchbase. By empowering Machine Learning algorithms with data from many different sources including our own platform, and user behavioral data, we learn our users’ journey and build a personalized experience that is unique to each user.
We are hiring a hands-on Staff Machine Learning Engineer. The ideal candidate is passionate about not only data and what it can teach us, but also about our users and how to drive an experience that helps them engage with and better utilize our data.
What You'll Do:
- Help drive the Personalization engine and turn our business vision into features.
- Collaborate with the product team to help improve our personalized user experience.
- Work on all aspects of the feature delivery cycle, from ideating and collecting requirements to working on data modeling and productionizing your code all the way to deployment.
- Contribute to defining and enhancing our machine learning platform capabilities from the ground up.
- Implement prescriptive and predictive production level models.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models to better understand users and their journey.
- Help establish processes and best practices to help grow the data science guild and data guild.
What We're Looking For:
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and have strong Python foundations.
- You have 5+ years of proven industry experience.
- You hold a high bar on code quality and enjoy building systems and tools that can be used by others.
- You are an excellent communicator and able to explain complex issues to stakeholders in simple terms.
- You have hands-on experience in shipping machine learning-based projects in production and delivering significant impact to customers.
- Dealing with large amounts of data on a daily basis is a plus.
- You care about being agile, cross teams collaborations, and data-driven development and evaluation.
- You are a big believer in the Build-Measure-Learn methodology.
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Salary Range: $200k-$225k. You may also be entitled to receive equity and benefits.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.