iOS Security Engineer
Published on Thu, 13 Apr 2023 07:58 UTC
(47 days ago)
As a fully digital bank, we are looking for engineers that are able to understand and prioritise security when implementing new features, fixing bugs or making technical improvements, across all the layers. Our team is designing, building and releasing new screens every day
Our application is in the top chart of finance apps in the UK, with over 300K ratings and an average rating of 4.9. We also won the Best British Banking App award in 2021!
Our iOS application is entirely written in Swift. It is highly modular and we use MVVM-C architecture to maximise code reusability and testing. We also value simplicity over complexity, fewer moving parts means fewer faults and easier comprehension.
We are looking for iOS Security Engineers to work on our application who:
- Want to work on a feature rich mobile app with millions of customers;
- Can produce robust, well tested code that will give our customers the reliability and security that they need;
- Care about the product, the user experience and the design;
- Can provide practical input and guidance to security related technical architecture and design decisions
- Design and implement appropriate security controls and mechanisms, to secure our iOS application, and data held by it on customers devices
- Provide technical consultancy services to Starling’s engineering and operations functions to ensure that all technical aspects of the iOS application are built and operated securely
We are looking for people who want to help develop and secure our iOS mobile offering used by our customers on a daily basis.
As a fully digital bank, we are looking for engineers that are able to understand and prioritise security when implementing new features, fixing bugs or making technical improvements, across all the layers. Our team is designing, building and releasing new screens every day.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Have strong mobile (OS, App and Hardware) security knowledge including, but not limited to, knowledge and experience of native mobile APIs, file permissions, application sandboxing and hardware security controls as well as mobile application protection;
- Strong reverse engineering capabilities;
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of public cloud (IaaS) technologies;
- Experience of fulfilling a client facing security consulting role; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The way to thrive and shine within Starling is to be a self-driven individual and be able to take full ownership of everything around you: From building the code, shipping and maintaining it, to sharing knowledge with your colleagues and making sure all processes are efficient and productive to deliver the best possible results for our customers.
Some of the well known frameworks and tools we use:
- RxSwift - as our reactive programming framework;
- SnapKit - as our auto layout DSL, though we have an in-house framework built on top of SnapKit which allows us to write declarative, - - SwiftUI like layout code for UIKit.
- Realm - as the application main persistence layer;
- Sourcery and SwiftGen - for various code generation tasks.
- SwiftFormat, SwiftLint and Danger - to enforce high code quality standards.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you).
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday.
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off!
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme.
- Life insurance at 4x your salary.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with - - Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton.
- Generous family-friendly policies.
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks.
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships.
You may be put off applying for a role because you don't tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we're always open to discussion. So, if you're excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you're 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on