What is Attio?
Business software is changing fast. Notion is changing how we organize, Slack is replacing internal email, and Miro is transforming how we whiteboard.
We believe business relationships are next. Attio is revolutionizing the most important aspect of any business: our customer relationships.
As more and more of our interactions move to the digital world, traditional business software has failed to adapt. It has remained essentially unchanged for the last decade. Most data entry is manual, intelligent data analysis is non-existent, and they're a challenge for users to set up. We believe the future of CRM should be simple, powerful and entirely customizable: cutting-edge, consumer-grade designed software combined with enterprise-grade power to make software work for your unique business needs.
Your relationship software should automatically know your contacts and analyze your communications. Your data should be easily viewed, sorted, and filtered depending on your task. Integrations and automations should be customizable and quick. And it should all be possible while seamlessly collaborating with your team. It's our mission to make this a reality.
Why is this role important?
As a Senior Product Engineer at Attio you will design, implement and improve our backend infrastructure. We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Engineers who have designed secure backend systems including common design criteria for systems such as authentication or data encryption
- Excellent knowledge of modern cloud architectures including proprietary technologies offered by AWS and/or GCP
Who’s Team will you join?
You will join one of our four product teams focused on a key area of the product.
Internally, we work around two fundamental principles: Curiosity and Ownership. These values transcend the way we work and how our teams are structured.
We embrace Curiosity with a culture of open discussion and open access - making everything from financial metrics and customer conversation through to code and tooling open to every member of the team. Everyone on the team is welcome to question any aspect of the business and build greater understanding and input.
Through Ownership teams are responsible not just for the technical aspects of their work but also their own product and roadmap decisions. Everything from technical debt decisions through to feature planning is carried out at the team level.
In a culture without PM’s or tight deadlines, we are able to think from first principles and support each other across projects.
What is it like to work at Attio?
Attio employees are currently based in the US, UK, Germany, Belgium, Portugal and Denmark. We are all trusted to produce high quality work in the remote-first environment that works best for us. Kindness is evident in how we work and there is a high level of respect across the team thanks to working hard. This allows us all to challenge ideas, be independent and attract world class talent to join us.
What are the role requirements?
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Contribute across the stack, including to our Web and Backend codebases, to help move the company and product forward!
- Design the architecture of new features to support our scale
- Design REST API contracts for both internal and public consumers that are easy to work with and performant to implement
- Be an advocate for innovative techniques and technologies that can improve our backend technology stack
We believe the right person will have the following attributes:
- Collaboration: With other members of the team to ensure that new and existing features are performant and secure
- Communication: Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write long form documentation of your work
- Motivated: Enjoy solving problems and want to take ownership of finding better solutions
- Design: Have a natural appreciation of what a good product should look and feel like
What does the hiring process look like?
We respond to applicants before the end of each week and within 24 hours of each interview, we will request and share feedback at every stage.
Applicants can expect the following:
- Introductory phone call ~ 30 minutes
- Interview ~ 45 minutes
- Exercise ~ Take home + 60 minutes discussion
- Offer stage
A lot of our interviews are enabled through self-scheduling but we are always on hand to speak to you or answer questions throughout the process. At the offer stage, you may want to speak to more of the team, see a demo or have other suggestions for us - we will be very happy to accommodate these and will make sure you have all the information you need.
Everyone who completes at least one of the above stages will be asked to provide feedback on the overall process and offered some help on their career if it's not joining Attio at this time.
What will an offer consist of?
- A competitive salary of between £90,000 - £115,000 or equivalent €/$
- Equity in an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
- Remote working and flexibility
- Apple hardware and a budget for desk amenities
- 25 days plus local holidays
- Regular team events in London
- Team off-site in fun places! (We've been to Lisbon and Malta so far)
- Enhanced parental leave
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.