Data Scientist (Senior Level)
Published on Sun, 05 Mar 2023 18:44 UTC
(20 days ago)
Location: London, UK (London Bridge)
Work pattern: full-time, permanent (hybrid OR remote), PAYE
Salary: £60,000 to £90,000 per annum, DOE, plus generous options
Reporting line: Head of Data Science
Division/Team: Data Science
About this role:
As a company, we harmonise anonymised consumer transaction data and create products for investment and corporate clients. We are rapidly growing with a truly innovative solution that our clients use to understand the performance of listed companies and their business sectors. Our products give real-time insight into revenue shifts, market share, consumer switching and online / store sales.
You are passionate about building scalable, secure and efficient data science products.
You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment, which will require resilience and the ability to deal with ambiguity and less developed processes/systems.
- Take ownership of analysing and developing NLP models for text classification to homogenise and tag transactions
- Assist in developing cloud infrastructure and data pipelines for wrapping models into API calls
- Conduct exploratory data analysis for commercial, auditing and compliance teams
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the team
Essential skills and experience
- 5+ years of data science experience including 3+ commercial
- Expert knowledge of Python for data analysis
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong experience working in NLP - Unsupervised Text Classification of unstructured data
- Experience in working with Time series analysis and predictive modelling
- Proven experience in building models and algorithms from scratch
- Data Visualisation and storytelling using Python
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models on at least one cloud provider
- Experience mentoring junior colleagues
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in the application of Software Engineering Principles in Data Science
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL databases
- Project management experience
- Experience working in Financial Services
This role will define your career as we expect you to grow your skills and experience with us, supported by a talented team. In return, we reward our team members with: In the UK:
- 30 days holidays + bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Generous Option Scheme for every employee (HMRC-approved EMI Options)
- Outstanding life/work balance
- Free subscription to Financial Times
- Flexible working
- A wonderful team and a fun place to work
- More benefits to come as we grow
Here at Fable, we are proud of our culture. Being responsible, taking ownership and aiming for excellence are the values that define us. We believe in:
- People with purpose
- Whole world thinking
- Individual value, collective strength
About Fable Data
Data is one of the most valuable resources to modern businesses. A source of competitive advantage for many of the world’s most successful organisations. Powering innovation, enriching people’s lives, underpinning decisions around multi-billion-pound investments and helping to create completely new industries, power new technologies and advance our understanding of our world.
Our world is that data.
Fable Data is the leading source of real-time European consumer transaction data, using anonymised transaction data from European banks and credit card providers. Fable Data has pioneered this model within Europe and supplies data to some of the world’s largest hedge funds, the Financial Times, major government bodies, and Fortune 500 companies.
Our potential is huge, powered by an unrivalled amount of data with very low latency. This helps businesses make faster, better and more informed decisions, well ahead of other solutions in the market.
We are on a mission to provide better data to decision-makers in business and government – anonymised, real-time and at scale.
We are looking for the very best talent to join our world-class team on our journey to Unicorn status. We are well-funded and have huge aspirations to become THE leading Global provider of transaction data across both Corporate and Investor Markets. We work in an agile, proactive way, so we move fast and stay ahead of the curve. We want people to buy into our ethos that better Data in the hands of decision-makers will lead to a better world.
Fable Data is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications, and their ability to perform the role requirements.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on