Published on Tue, 21 Mar 2023 10:32 UTC
(70 days ago)
Recognized as a leader in developing mass-market titles for video game consoles, Heavy Iron Studios, Inc. is a video game developer based in Los Angeles, California originally founded as a THQ studio in 1999. Heavy Iron is now a part of Keywords Studios and under Keywords Studios’ Game Development service line, we provide game development support to many of today’s most popular game titles.
Heavy Iron has worked in close partnership over the years with developers such as Activision, Amazon Games, Bandai Namco, Epic Games, Riot Games, Square Enix, Ubisoft, and more to offer compelling, interactive gaming experiences across multiple generations of console platforms.
Heavy Iron Studios is actively looking for a Technical Director to join our team. Technical Directors are responsible for a broad range of duties including hands-on programming, leading and managing teams of developers, and estimating and managing projects. Ideal candidates will have extensive hands-on programming experience, and a passion for organizing and managing other developers.
Our culture promotes collaboration, and we enjoy working together. We are always looking for exceptional talent for our team. We want to hear from you if you meet the qualifications and have an interest in working on exciting projects. We pride ourselves on creating quality and timely products for our partners and players.
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, a related discipline, or 4 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- At least three previously shipped titles
- Good all-around game programming knowledge, such as gameplay programming, 3D math, 3D graphics, real-time networking, multi-threading, and performance optimization
- Experience estimating, planning, and managing complex software projects
- Experience creating detailed design docs and task descriptions
- Experience conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in a team and customer facing environment
- A passion to create and to work with creative teammates to build something outstanding
- A track record of building teams, including growing skills and abilities of team members
- Experience with Unreal development
- Experience developing on console or mobile in C++
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces and tools
- Experience using Maya, the Maya API and MEL/Python scripting
- A passion for games
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Corporate holidays, including floating holidays
- Disability coverage
- Paid Basic and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary FSA, HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the dubbing and gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
The salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and varies per state. The base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in your location. The pay range in CA is $165,000+.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on