Engineering Manager (C# / .Net) - New Homes
Published on Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:02 UTC
(38 days ago)
Join Zoopla, and help us reimagine the property industry!
Our vision is to digitise the entire home owning and buying experience. Over the past two years we’ve created a new suite of products that are already delivering results for our estate agents.
We’re on a journey to re-define Zoopla class engineering.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to help us build business to business SaaS products which transform the way estate agents conduct their business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading 2 product engineering teams, providing support and guidance on best in class engineering practices, modern ways of working and helping design scalable, cloud native solutions.
Our platform is built using .Net stack with C# in both .Net Framework and .Net 5. You’ll be working with various AWS services such as SQS, SNS, EventBridge, lambda, ECS and contributing to our Devops culture by implementing and owning your CI/CD pipelines using Github Actions, TeamCity and Octopus.
Our C# codebase is supported by automated testing and our database stack is split across MS SQL, Postgres and Mongo.
On the frontend we work use React with TypeScript to build single page apps and microfrontends
If you have experience in any of the tech above, we’d love to hear from you.
Our salaries and bonuses are competitive, and our exceptional employee benefits are rated 4.4/5 on review sites.
If you feel you demonstrate several of the below bullet points, we would love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for in Zoopla Engineering Managers:
- You’ll spend your time between line management and making technical contributions to your product teams, whether that’s hands-on coding, pair programming, reviewing pull requests, or contributing to the overall architecture and product vision.
- You’ll line manage, mentor and coach software engineers, while focusing on their engagement, retention, growth and career development.
- You’ll promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, while focusing on innovation, teamwork and self-improvement.
- You will have achieved the above while teaching others and influencing your team or organisation, regardless of whether you’ve previously held a Manager title.
- We look for new teammates that have exhibited some or all of our Zoopla behaviours - such as ‘Own It,’ ‘Be the Change’, and ‘Set the Bar Higher.’
You’ll work in a truly cross-functional, agile engineering team, who work alongside software and quality engineers, a data analyst, product owner, designer, and delivery manager. With these skill sets and support, your team is empowered to work autonomously to define and deliver on our goals.
We take diversity and inclusion seriously, and to succeed here, you must too. All qualified applicants will be considered, without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, health, qualifications, or time unemployed.
- Everyday Flex - greater flexibility over where and when you work
- 25 days annual leave + extra days for years of service
- Day off for your birthday, house move, good deed day, and digital detox day
- Cycle to work and electric car schemes
- Free Calm App membership
- Enhanced Paternity Leave
- Fertility Treatment Financial Support
- Group Income Protection and private medical insurance
- Gym on-site in London – or membership in regional offices
- 7.5% pension contribution by the company
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 10% of base salary
- Talent referral bonus up to £5K
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.
If you think there is something wrong with this job ad or if you think that it might violate our terms and conditions then please contact us on