About the role
Metriport is building Plaid for healthcare. We help digital health companies access and manage user health and medical data, through our open-source, universal API.
We're a highly ambitious team of software engineers on a mission to accelerate healthcare development by making healthcare data more accessible. We are looking for someone who is equally motivated to make an outstanding impact in the digital health space, by building the first open-source API of its kind.
Metriport serves a large variety of customers. We power companies that are working on everything from DNA analysis, to cancer imaging, to human longevity, and more.
Our core product offers three main features, through a single, standardized API:
- Accessing patient medical data - for getting broad-scope user medical records.
- Bidirectional EHR interfacing - with Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, and more, via a modern FHIR API.
- Health device integrations - for getting user data from wearables, RPM devices, and mHealth apps.
What we're looking for
We're in search of resourceful and driven full stack engineers who have the following characteristics:
- Superhuman ability to build and ship product quickly.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Motivation to make a large impact in the healthcare ecosystem.
- Growth mindset, sense of ownership, and excellent communication skills.
- "Can-do" attitude towards technical challenges and innovation.
- Healthcare experience isn't required, but if the following terms mean something to you, that's a big plus: FHIR, SMART on FHIR, HL7, EHR, EMR, HIE, NPI, etc.
We use the following technologies:
- React / Node.js / Express
- JS / TS / Bash / HTML / CSS
- SQL / NoSQL / PostgreSQL / DynamoDB
- Docker / AWS / CDK
- VSCode / Git / MacOS
About the interview
Initial intro call - This is a quick informal phone call to understand your general background and interests, as well as your motivation to work in a startup. This will be just a simple chat to get to know each other.
Culture screen - After doing a reference check, we'll hop on a second call to assess culture fit and communication skills. Here we'll ask a few behavioral questions and get to know you a bit more.
Technical evaluation - Here we'll take a deeper dive into your technical abilities, product thinking, and overall fit (how well you communicate your approach, solutions, and thought process). This interview will consist of two sections: systems engineering, and coding. For the systems engineering portion, this will essentially be some design related question to make sure you understand the "big picture" of things. For the coding portion, this will involve you diving into our full stack code base on GitHub, where you'll be responsible for debugging something, adding a feature, and creating a pull request, for example.
Why you should join Metriport
Metriport is Plaid for healthcare. We help digital health companies access and manage user health and medical data, through our open-source, universal API.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.