You are a high performing, high impact individual. You have the ability to learn new languages and technologies. You are a team player and you are eager to collaborate across the development and wider delivery team. You are an active listener and consider the opinions of all members of the team. You have excellent communication skills and are resourceful, have troubleshooting aptitude and you enjoy critical thinking with a keen attention to detail. Most importantly, you are passionate about what you do and demonstrate ownership in your deliverables. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
You will be responsible for architecting and implementing technical initiatives that impact the entire stack of our SaaS (Software as a Service) platform and its integrations. You will apply your engineering knowledge and abilities to solve complex problems that contribute to Wazoku’s growth and success. You will collaborate with other Developers, Product Managers and Quality Assurance Analysts throughout the software development life cycle. You will be actively involved in technical mentoring and coaching of the team. In addition to the above you will be involved in architecting, designing, and implementing new features and maintaining our Platform written in TypeScript & AngularJS/Angular on the front-end and Django & DRF in the back end.
Every day we help people find, capture and share ideas to improve our world.
Our Idea Management and Open Innovation tools enable problem solving at scale. Our global clients deliver proven innovation ROI, by engaging everyone in their innovation communities (colleagues, suppliers, partners, customers) or our amazing crowd of almost 500,000 on-demand open innovation problem solvers to solve their innovation challenges rapidly, securely and effectively from idea to invoice.
- Collaborate with Product managers to ideate solutions for complex problems
- Design and estimate technical implementation of user stories presented by Product team
- Produce clean, secure, well-documented and performant code with adequate test coverage using Python/Django in the backend and - AngularJS/Angular in the front end
- Recommend and execute architectural improvements
- Participates and mentors the team in peer review
- Leads training initiatives and mentoring of the development team
- Supports technical on-boarding of new developers
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Collaborate with QA to test code, troubleshoot issues and resolve bugs
- Participate in Production Support rotation to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Collaborates with DevOps team for infrastructure changes
- Proficient in web principals including web performance, security, REST APIs, responsive design & mobile constraints
- Proficient in Python
- Proficient in client-side frameworks such as Angular or React.
- Proficient in server-side frameworks, preferably Django
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of software testing techniques such as unit, integration, and automated browser testing and advocate of TDD
- Knowledge in building enterprise B2B SaaS applications
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
Although we work hard, we also recognise the importance of maintaining a proper integration of work/life priorities and providing a culture that encourages creativity and productivity. Our benefits include:
- Flexible holiday policy that recognises employees are best able to determine when and how often they need to take time off to recharge their batteries, while still meeting their performance objectives
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Excellent Parental leave policies to support our working parents through all stages of their life and careers, including 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave, and 8 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexible/remote working including flexible hours
- December one week shut down over the holiday period
- Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme - we match up to 5%
- Complimentary Mental health service – We are partnered with InsideOut, an on-demand mental health platform, dedicated to breaking down social stigma and opening up the mental health conversation. Everyone has mental health and we couldn't support their mission more. Employees can join at any time
- Social Events – Including company offsites, summer & Christmas parties, charity engagement and more
- Great vouchers and offers through our Thanks Ben platform
- £30 per month to spend on your own personal Health and Wellbeing
- Birthday Day Off
- 10 days paid sick leave per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme – £1,000 bonus for every person you successfully refer
- Anniversary bonuses
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.