Starling engineers love building things, creating new stuff, learning new technologies and working with others across all areas of the business to bring brilliant products and features to life. We enjoy working with engineers who are excited about helping us deliver new features, regardless of what their primary tech stack may be. Hear from our engineers in our latest blogs or our case studies with Women in Tech.
We offer a flat working structure and are looking for engineers at all levels to join the team. We value people being engaged and caring about customers, caring about the code they write and the contribution they make to Starling. People with a broad ability to apply themselves to a multitude of problems and challenges, who can work across teams do great things here at Starling.
We’re open-minded when it comes to hiring and we care more about aptitude and attitude than specific experience or qualifications. If you care enough to find elegant solutions to difficult technical problems, we’d love to hear from you.
We have built our entire banking platform in house and mostly in Java. We are looking for people who want to work on building the tooling that is used by our engineers on a daily basis.
- Design REST apis.
- Code backend services, ideally using Java, or another other server side compiled language.
- Develop modern front ends, ideally using React and Redux.
- Get their code into the cloud and support it there, ideally on AWS.
- Believe in clean coding, simple solutions, automated testing and continuous deployment.
- Like to take ownership of a feature from the original idea through to live.
- Think (like us) that a small number of empowered developers is the right way to deliver software.
Starling technology works in a hybrid pattern both from home and one of our four offices. We’re open to applications from across the UK including fully remote, if you’re hybrid our preference is that you’re located within a commutable distance to either our London, Southampton, Cardiff or Dublin office, so that we’re able to see each other and collaborate in person too.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you).
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday.
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off!
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme.
- Life insurance at 4x your salary.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with - - Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton.
- Generous family-friendly policies.
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks.
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships.
You may be put off applying for a role because you don't tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we're always open to discussion. So, if you're excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you're 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.