As the first Engineering Manager at Attio you will develop a culture and process for engineering excellence and product success.
We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Senior engineers who have added two years of engineering management experience
- Engineering management experience with a scaling B2B SaaS product
Who’s Team will you join?
You will lead two of our four product teams that focus on a key area of the product.
Internally, we work around two fundamental principles: Curiosity and Ownership. These values transcend the way we work and how our teams are structured.
We embrace Curiosity with a culture of open discussion and open access - making everything from financial metrics and customer conversation through to code and tooling open to every member of the team. Everyone on the team is welcome to question any aspect of the business and build greater understanding and input.
Through Ownership teams are responsible not just for the technical aspects of their work but also their own product and roadmap decisions. Everything from technical debt decisions through to feature planning is carried out at the team level.
In a culture without PM’s or tight deadlines, we are able to think from first principles and support each other across projects.
What is it like to work at Attio?
Attio employees are currently based in the US, UK, Germany, Belgium and Denmark. We are all trusted to produce high quality work in the remote-first environment that works best for us. Kindness is evident in how we work and there is a high level of respect across the team thanks to working hard. This allows us all to challenge ideas, be independent and attract world class talent to join us.
What are the role requirements?
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Take ownership of two engineering teams
- Define process, rituals and cadences for Attio engineers
- Meet personal, product and retention targets
- Complete hiring plans as we scale
We believe the right person will have the following attributes:
- Technical experience at a senior level to help move the company and product forward
- Compassionate and concentrated towards your team and engineering success
- Entrepreneurial mindset to raise the bar and set examples
- Enjoyment for management and determination to develop a management career
What does the hiring process look like?
We respond to applicants before the end of each week and within 24 hours of each interview, we will request and share feedback at every stage.
Applicants can expect the following:
- Introductory phone call with Alex, CTO ~ 30 minutes
- Phone call with Nick, CEO ~ 30 minutes
- Interview with Ned, Luke or Jamie, Senior Engineer [reverse interview] ~ 45 minutes
- Interview with Alex & Nick [problems & solutions discussion] ~ 45 minutes
- Offer stage
- Team lunch [or similar if remote] ~ 60 minutes
A lot of our interviews are enabled through self-scheduling but we are always on hand to speak to you or answer questions throughout the process. At the offer stage, you may want to speak to more of the team, see a demo or have other suggestions for us. We will accommodate these.
Everyone who completes at least one of the above stages will be asked to provide feedback on the overall process and offered some help on their career if it's not joining Attio at this time.
What will an offer consist of?
- A competitive salary of between £130,000 - £180,000 or equivalent €/$
- Equity in an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
- Remote working and flexibility
- Apple hardware and a budget for desk amenities
- 25 days plus local holidays
- Regular team events in London
- Team off-site in fun places! (We've been to Lisbon and Malta so far)
- Enhanced parental leave
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.