Senior Data Engineer
Published on Sat, 24 Sep 2022 21:19 UTC
(6 days ago)
As a Senior Data Engineer, your main goal is to be one step ahead of Product Managers, Designers, and Business Teams. You will support them by providing infrastructure and tools they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. This is more than building and maintaining ETL pipelines. We need innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on our velocity. We, in turn, will give you autonomy and freedom to turn your ideas into reality.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build scalable, highly performant infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from a variety of raw data sources.
- Develop batch & real-time analytical solutions, prototypes, and proofs of concept for selected solutions.
- Build frameworks and tools to empower our data scientists and analysts.
- Implement complex analytical projects with a focus on collecting, managing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- Be in constant communication with team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly.
What you bring:
- Previous SaaS and Product Led Growth startup experience (preferably series B or C)
- Tooling experience (specifically Amplitude, Redshift, SQL, PostSQL, Sigma)
- 4-7+ years of data engineering experience
- Preferably a degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics
- Support & maintenance of the data lake
- Ensure data quality across multiple systems of record and flag areas of continuous improvement for our data lake
- Creating and updating documentation related to any and all backend data tables
- Definitions of columns and fields
- ERD diagram
- Be the subject matter expert for everything data-related
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Business teams to identify key misalignments between data being used to inform key business decisions
- Gather requirements for and implement changes or improvements to data structure
- Consider and plan for current & future impacts of any changes made to backend data
- Initiate, guide and build development workflow processes and documentation
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Fingerprint strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace. We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.