Do you want to move fast and break nothing for 1 billion banking customers? We’re a global tech company that’s taking banking software to the next level, (and we’re definitely not a bank).
We’re looking for highly skilled Java engineers who are passionate about security, reliability and scalability in large distributed systems.
We are building a core banking platform – all the stuff a typical retail bank does: bank accounts, saving accounts, mortgages, bank cards, loans, etc. This platform must work - every time, all the time. We never want to have a customer suffer a ‘card declined’ because of an outage or defect – it’s an anathema to us. For added challenge, we aim to scale this to 1 billion banking customers across both large and small banks globally.
So, we care deeply about blending cutting edge technology with battle hardened tech and proven principles regarding architecture, security, and delivery.
About the team
As a member of this team, you will be instrumental in designing and developing the core componentry which underpins the most critical parts of the 10x banking platform. As such, the team is expected to help shape, refine, and uphold the highest of benchmarks in coding standards and excellence.
Another key responsibility for this team is engaging and consulting across the 10x engineering team to drive out toil and spotting opportunities to take our platform and teams to the next level.
We would like you to have a background in building fast, scalable, distributed systems. You know that perfect is the enemy of great and that software engineering is a team sport.
No banking or financial services experience is necessary – we already have an amazing team that knows this domain to perfection – we’re looking for excellent engineers, regardless of domain background – diversity of thought enables better solutions.
- Proven experience in owning the development of JVM based microservices within a Kubernetes environment, through all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Proven experience developing AWS Cloud based solutions.
- Experience and understanding of high quality, clean coding, which is reliable, maintainable and performant.
- Experience with event streaming technologies (ideally Kafka)
- Self-starter, and a passion for continuous technical improvement – identifying and articulating areas of improvement into deliverable features.
- A deep understanding of best practices in agile software development.
- Team player, who is good at managing internal/technical stakeholders and who can teach, mentor and empower other team members
- Proven experience in assessing technical and deliverable trade-off to define an optimal solution
- Experience designing and building tools and platforms for other engineers to use which complement their working practices, provide adequate flexibility and enhance productivity.
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday, plus Bank/Public Holidays
- 4 wellbeing / recharge days (one per quarter)
- Enhanced parental policies (leave and pay)
- Sabbatical Policy
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance, with the option to add your family
- Options Pool
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subscription to Headspace wellbeing app
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Access to Discounts & Cashback offers
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that may be introduced in the future
More About 10x
Our home is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia providing our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach: Transformation, Integrity and Impact.
Learn more at www.10xbanking.com.
Equal Opportunities for All
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x – we welcome and promote diversity amongst our people and if we are to solve the legacy problems for our clients and their customers around the world, our team has to represent the people we serve. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally. All applicants will be treated fairly and will be considered for employment without discrimination because of ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, national origin, age, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
As part of the application process we may ask you to voluntarily provide information relating to your personal attributes for the purposes of reporting and monitoring only. The capture of this information will not influence the hiring process but will help us monitor progress against our diversity and inclusion ambitions.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.