What We're Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named to Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022!
Modern engineering organizations manage complex infrastructure equipped with yesterday's metrics and logs. It is time for that to change. Honeycomb shines a light on production services and infrastructure, and our Collection Team is building a world where collecting, shaping, and managing production telemetry is a joy. Working in and with OpenTelemetry, the team will help engineers illuminate the dark corners of their infrastructure and manage the shape and volume of their telemetry data. If these problems resonate with you, you might be a great fit to join our newly forming Collection Team.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You'll Bring
- You like being a generalist. This team’s work will support Honeycomb’s telemetry pipeline tooling including Refinery and the OpenTelemetry Collector. It will also naturally touch a range of infrastructure tools. The ideal candidate would probably enjoy a bit of variety in their work and be willing to jump from infrastructure integrations to service development, to release packaging, to documentation, and more to help the team accomplish its goals.
- You love creating a good operator experience. You’ll be supporting some of Honeycomb’s hardest working customers: the operators that keep the production lights on. You’ll do well if you are the kind of engineer who enjoys thinking about how to make services, integrations, and documentation that operators are delighted to work with.
- You enjoy collaboration. In this role, you’d be working with customers, open-source community members, and other Honeycomb R&D members including product, engineering, and design. The best candidate is probably someone who enjoys collaborating to help ensure a stellar experience in our product across a variety of areas.
- You value clear, open communication. We believe clear, thoughtful, and regular written & face-to-face communication is a fundamental engineering skill and one of the strongest predictors of future engineering impact -- it's not just a nice to have. This includes a willingness to give & receive feedback
- You care deeply about software quality and testing. You should be interested in testing and have experience finding ways to keep a high level of quality without spending an ever-growing amount of time on maintaining tests. You should also be a practiced code reviewer, able to give kind, thoughtful feedback to other engineers on Pull Requests to the product codebase.
- You have meaningful experience. This is a new team with challenging problems to tackle. It likely won’t be a good fit for early to mid-career engineers (< 6 years). Experience in Go is a bonus as it is our primary (but not our only) language.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay (range) of $165,000 - $220,000 (Mid - Senior Level)
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter of where you live (or move)!
- 401k plan to help you plan for your future
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better - we want to know!
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.