Are you motivated by the idea of helping other software engineers make sense of complex systems more easily and get through on-call and incidents with less stress? In this role, you’ll join one of our full-stack product engineering teams, helping to build and maintain innovative data exploration and visualization experiences that allow our customers to quickly make sense of their systems, identify and diagnose system issues, and watch trends over time.
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near and present future, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build technology that raises our industry's expectations of what our tools can do for us. We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named to Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022!
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You'll Do
- Take on the role of engineering lead. The engineering lead is the primary project manager for each team. You will be the de facto technical lead on the project as well and will work with the other engineers on the team to create technical solutions. You’ll partner and collaborate with product and design in a triad-based model.
- Create a customer experience that delights our users. You’ll be working on software our customers interact with every day, including our social features, Boards, Service Map, and our Design System. You’ll be creating a great product experience, collaborating daily with design, product management, and other engineers to do so.
- Build data visualizations and complex web-based user experiences. You’ll be working with our team on some of our most interesting data visualization features.
- Mentor other engineers. As a senior engineer, you’ll have opportunities to lead the team and mentor other engineers as they build their skills. You’ll be pairing, reviewing code, and communicating daily with your team members.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams. You’ll have opportunities to work with other engineering teams to help them build features, or solve whatever problem they’re working on. You’ll be working with our other product engineering teams to help reduce tech debt and improve best practices across our code-base.
What You Get When You Join The Hive
- Base pay (range) of $190,000 - $220,000 (Senior) and $220,000 - $245,000 (Staff).
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter where you live (or move)!
- 401k plan to help you plan for your future
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better - we want to know!
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.