Hello, we're PetsApp 👋🐱🐶
We’re building the future of pet care
Pet owners use PetsApp to chat with the vet team that they know and trust. They can get advice on any issues their furry friends are having.
This is what happened since we launched:
- $6.5 million in payments
- 500k+ chats and appointments
- 17.5k iOS App Store reviews
- 4.9/5 iOS Rating
- Number 4 rated app in the iOS App Store medical category
To date, we’ve raised over $4m investment too, and our investors are some of the best in Europe. They’ve taken early positions in companies like Contentful, Auth0, Away, Slack, Typeform, Calm and many other well-known, fantastic teams – so we're in good company.
Why you should join us 🤩
You'll be among the first engineers to join our product team. Everything you do will be high impact. Each feature you ship will improve the lives of millions of pets and owners across the globe.
Our users are super engaged, so as soon as we ship anything it's used by loads of people. Here’s a quick taste of the sort of things we've shipped recently:
- Launching a subscription platform to handle millions of pets
- Building an omnichannel communications platform
- Architecting and building event driven ETL pipelines
- Building a smart scheduling and notification service, sending push notifications, SMS and emails
What you’ll be working on 🪄
- Contributing to the development of our user facing product
- Helping turn product ideas into real life features
- Building full stack slices of functionality
- Collaborating on projects from conception to completion and iteration
- Thinking about the way we ship code to production (CI/CD)
- Learning and growing through collaboration with the more experienced developers on the team
- Planning the work that the engineering team does
- Working with other pack members at PetsApp (customer success, marketing, sales)
- Helping the team continuously improve processes and ways of working
This role is great for you if... 🔍
- You love speaking to users to understand how the product can be improved
- You need to ship stuff quick, learn about it, then iterate on it
- You’ve built apps with React or React Native
- You’ve got experience architecting and building APIs
- You’ve got experience working with databases in production
- You’re familiar with AWS and the various tools provided to build amazing software
- You care about how code is shipped
- You’ve owned code running in production and you have views about the tools you need to make sure it's running as intended
This role might not be right for you if…
- You need well crafted tickets written by a product manager to get stuff done
- You would prefer to perfect a feature than to get it shipped and learn from it
- Want to work with languages other than Typescript/Node (we’re not in a position to adopt new languages right now)
The package 😻
- 🌴 33 day paid holiday a year (including public holidays)
- Plus the ability to buy or sell up to 5 days per year
- Remote-friendly team
- You just need to have at least a 4-hour workday overlap with London, UK
- 💸 £50-100k salary
- This is the value for this role, so even if it’s not what you’re on now, it’s what we’re offering!
- 📜 Equity in PetsApp
- 📈 Learning budget
- 👩💻 Pick your own tech
- 🥳 Remote first team activities
What the interview process looks like 👋
This might vary a little, but here’s an overall idea of what you can expect.
- First, there's a 30 minute call with a PetsApp engineer
- Secondly, a longer call with an engineer and Will, our CTO
- Finally, an hour talking through our culture with Thom, our CEO
Life as part of the pack 🎉
You’ll have noticed we don’t talk about things like your birthday off, or a working-from-home allowance. Really, you’re the best person to tell us how you do your best work, and we want you to be responsible for how you spend your days off and your own money. This is why we have a generous holiday allowance and above market rate salaries.
When we talk about flexibility, we mean it too. That’s why you’ll see our Slack statuses changing to 🚴 or 🚶 when we’re out cycling in Regents Park or hiking in the Peak District. Sometimes you might even see a 💤 too. Other times you might not see it, but we'll be out picking up our kids from nursery or school, taking the dog for a walk or just sitting down for lunch with the family.
That doesn't mean we don't come together as a team though. Expect the occasional yoga session, cocktail making event, or movie night. These are just some of the things that our pack likes to do together. If we're not doing something that makes everyone’s experience as good as it could be, we want to hear what else we could be doing!
At PetsApp, we're building a team of people passionate about pets. People of any gender, race, religion, sexual-orientation or ethnicity are welcome. We’re already doing amazing work together to deliver on our mission of improving the lives of the world's pets. Because we're still pretty small, your voice will have a direct impact on the way we live our values and grow as a company.
For more about what it’s like being part of the pack, check out this blog about PetsApp culture, written by Will and Thom.
- Workday must overlap by at least 4 hours with London, UK
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.