Skills: MongoDB, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our early, growing team. It is a great opportunity to join a company that can have a material impact on fighting climate change.
As an engineering team, we strive to design and build systems that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable. Some of the traits that we promote within the team are ownership, curiosity, transparency, and a strong writing culture. As an early team member, you will be expected to help shape our product direction and to strengthen our engineering culture.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, designers, data scientists and engineers, and sustainability experts to ship products that create value and solve problems for our customers.
What you will work on
- Lead backend engineering for a product that automatically finds decarbonization solutions for our customers, and helps them track progress toward their net-zero targets.
- Collaborate with our engine squad to scale our engine and build the interfaces it needs to interact with other components of our platform.
- Promote software engineering best practices across the engineering team.
- You have 7+ years of experience in product engineering roles.
- You have built and shipped products that delight customers.
- You have a strong product mindset, and enjoy working cross-functionally.
- You are a quick learner and are able to pick up new technologies as needed.
- You have designed and built reliable, scalable and maintainable backend systems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy mentoring others: you provide meaningful code reviews, and introduce and promote best practices across the team.
Bonus points if
- You have experience with data-intensive applications.
- You have extensive experience with Python.
- You have worked with MongoDB or other non-relational databases.
- You have worked with AWS Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Please mention that you found the job on keyboardjobs.com.